Robot Garden is new but growing quickly, get involved and help shape it into the kind of community and makerspace you would like to be part of. Let us know if you’d like to help volunteering, or have equipment you’d like to donate or lend or a connection to suggest.
Visit us! We have drop in times via our meetup and monthly Friday social nights. Dropping in is free or by donation. You must sign the liability waiver and all u18s must be supervised by a parent unless they are part of an organized class or group. There is a fee for using equipment or attending paid classes.
Become a member
Join us! All the benefits of access to the growing list of Robot Garden equipment, our community and classes. Members get discounts and extras. Plus your commitment helps us to raise funds for more great things, both equipment, activities and supporting it all. Robot Garden is a non-profit, so membership fees are always as affordable as possible.
To make Robot Garden happen, we currently need people to help with the following things
- Running Robot Garden
- Marshals – unlock, monitor and lock up the space, explain Robot Garden to visitors and help members use equipment safely. See the Marshals’ Wiki for more details
- Stewards – Maintaining equipment, improving the space and in some cases teaching Safety and Basic Use classes.
- Administration – All that behooves a 501(c)3 to do
- Watching Craigslist etc. for free / cheap equipment
- Creating big cool projects for Livermore Downtown festivals and Maker Faire.
- Teaching classes
If you’d like to volunteer, please let us know.
As a non-profit workshop created for the community by the community, we rely on our sponsors and donors to get us going. Our goal is to fund our operation through membership dues and build up the workshop through grants and donations.
- Computers (2008 and newer)
- Hand tools: drills, saws, hammers, sanders, etc.
- Work stools
- Sewing machines
- Lockers / storage cabinets
If you have equipment you’d like to donate, please contact us.