Robot Garden is a community workshop providing infrastructure so that people can engage in and collaborate on technology projects. We are building our workshop now so come and use our space for co-working with other enthusiastic makers and take advantage of equipment as it becomes available. Please checkout our blog for the latest updates but here is a summary of what we have and plan to have. If you are interested in helping shape the workshop going forward, lease join and get involved, now is the perfect time to do so.
- Courtesy of our partner i-GATE, we have an excellent warehouse space for building projects or piloting robots. Storage is available.
- A 60W laser cutter
- An Afinia 3D ABS printer
- AR.Drones for robotics classes and quad-rotor workshops
- Afinia 3D printer
- Soldering & sewing equipment
- A wood shop
- Sewing machines and sergers
- Hand tools
- Computers with ROS/CAD/CAM
For the safety of everyone involved, using most of the equipment in the workshop requires you to complete a safety and basic usage (SBU) class first.
In need of some love
We have been lucky enough to receive some great donated tools but they are in need of some TLC to make them available to the community. If you’re interested in helping out please let us know or checkout the getting involved page for more information.
- CNC Mini-mill
- Bench top sanding wheel (for plastic / wood)
Soon to have
- Workbenches — workspace for your projects
- More CAD software and computers
We are seeking funding to purchase / donations of the following among other items.
- World class teaching robots
- For metal
- For plastic and wood
- Bench top power supplies
- SMT Soldering equipment
- 3D scanners
See our whole wishlist and please comment if you have ideas about getting or building equipment or think there’s a glaring omission.