This hands-on workshop demonstrates how to leverage Particle Core and Microsoft Azure Cloud to create a weather station using the DHT11 temperature-humidity sensor.
You must bring your own laptop.
Unless you already have hardware to bring with you, I’ll be placing an advance order. Please contact me to provide a payment of approximately $30 to confirm attendance and cover costs to order. You will of course get to keep the Particle Core and DHT11.
The workshop will take about 2+ hours after which you are welcomed to stick around to show and tell other projects and socialize.
I also will have a number of other sensors and ideas to try out for more advanced makers:
• NXP Kinetis + Wifi for comparison
• LED Signals and Photon to Photon Signaling
• DHT22 (More precision)
• RFID Proximity Detection / Alert (Reactive weather station)
• Vibration Sensor (Earthquake Detection)
• UV Extension (Sunscreen reminder)
• High Accuracy Temp / Humidity Extension
• Thermopile Extension (Cooking on the sidewalk applications)
• Barometric Pressure / Altitude Extension (More data!)
You can take a sneak peak at the material here: https://www.hackster.io/team-dx-hackers/hands-on-lab-particle-core-weather-station-in-azure-2f4f2a
Conversations on the #hackster slack channel: https://robotgarden.slack.com/archives/hackster
With sponsorship from Hackster.IO we’ll have opportunities to compete in contests and get discounts / access to hardware and new gear to experiment with.