Robot Garden has been around since 2012. Get involved and help shape it into the kind of community workshop and makerspace you would like to be part of. Let us know if you’d like to help volunteer, or if you have equipment you’d like to donate or lend, or if you have a connection to suggest. Besides our website, be sure to check out our other online resources.
Visit us! We offer tours by appointment (email@example.com). You must sign the liability waiver and anyone under 18 years old must be supervised by a parent unless they are part of an organized class or group. There is a fee for non-members to attend classes. All equipment requires a Robot Garden membership & training to operate.
Join us! All the benefits of access to the growing list of Robot Garden equipment, our community and classes. Members get discounts and extras. Plus your commitment helps us to raise funds for more great things, both equipment, activities and supporting it all. Robot Garden is a non-profit, so membership fees are always as affordable as possible.
To make Robot Garden happen, we currently need people to help with the following things
- Running Robot Garden
- Watching Craigslist etc. for free / cheap equipment
- Creating big cool projects for Livermore Downtown festivals and Maker Faire.
- Teaching classes
If you’d like to volunteer, please let us know.
As a non-profit workshop created for the community by the community, we rely on our sponsors and donors to get us going. Our goal is to fund our operation through membership dues and build up the workshop through grants and donations.
- Computers (2014 and newer)
- Hand tools: drills, saws, hammers, sanders, etc.
- 3D Printers, Laser Cutters & CNC Mills
If you have equipment you’d like to donate, please contact us.
Robot Garden has a lot of different tools in use. Below are links to our most commonly used resources:
- Amazon Smile – link for donations
- Asana – project management app / members only
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Github Repository
- Google Drive – members only
- Mailchimp – mailing list / newsletter sign up
- Meetup / Meetup Events List
- Nexudus Coworking Tool (for scheduling/reserving meeting space at The Switch)
- PayPal – email@example.com – address for payments or donations
- Tri-Valley STEM Center – expansion plans for Robot Garden makerspace
- YouTube Channel