Greetings Enthusiasts! Here is an update on the OpenROV project the ROV/AUV interest group is working on (amongst other larger systems).
Our laser cutter is a CO2 40W unit with a 20″x12″ cutting area. So we needed to modify the v2.4 files. Using Rhinoceros, the painstaking process of selecting the parts and exporting them to a 20×12 layout was completed with some trouble since I had never used a laser cutter prior to taking on this build. Once I figured out the setup, I ran some tests using stock acrylic and cardboard.
After this, confident that the laser was set correctly, I started on the actual components. I have only the second half of the blue acrylic parts to complete, and assembly can begin. If anyone needs the 20×12 modified cutting files, let me know.
I’ll post the next phase when completed!