Wikis > 3D printer Rules of Use
General printer rules:
- Be excellent to each other:
- On the 3D printer this means taking the best care of the machine you know how and if you are unsure of how to do something properly, ask.
- Please try to coordinate with other users so everyone has access to the printer, if you have a long job, let someone with a short job use the printer first.
- You must have taken the SBU for a specific printer before using it.
- When your job has finished, properly shut down the printer.
- Do not shut down, reboot or suspend a computer connected to a printer while it is printing.
- When starting a long print job:
- You must supervise the printer at least until the first 2 layers of your part (not the raft) have successfully completed.
- If possible, check back on the print job regularly and stop the machine immediately if you notice anything amiss.
- Note the expected completion time of the print job and come unload your part as close to that time as possible.
Afinia specific rules:
- The Afinia printer may only be used with approved ABS plastic filament.
- Do not use “fast” mode unless you will be supervising the printer the entire time.
Rostock Max specific rules:
- The Rostock Max printer may only be used with approved PLA filament.
Form One specific rules:
- The Form One printer may only be used with approved resin.